These pancakes are perfect for lazy sundays and hazy mornings. Packed with protein and energy, these vegan pancakes are silky, satisfying and gorgeous to look at.
Blueberry Fat Stack with Almond Butter and Blueberries
Zoe Alakija | 19th August 2019
- prep time: 5 minutes
- cook time: 15 minutes
- total time: 20 minutes
For the Batter:
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (240ml) oat milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Sauce & Garnish:
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons blueberry sauce
- 1 handful fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, measure and sieve all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add liquid ingredients, bit by bit, and whist until smooth and well incorporated.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and coat with a drizzle of vegan butter, vegetable oil, coconut oil or light cooking spray.
- Ladel batter into the pan (making sure to pour batter in one spot and not thin out by spreading around the pan) and flip when the pancakes when they begin to bubble.
- Begin stacking the pancakes by spreading almond butter and blueberry sauce on alternating sides.
- Once the stack is complete, spread a knob of almond butter ontop of the stack, which will melt, then top with a tablespoon of blueberry sauce and garnish wit a handful of fresh blueberries. > 1. Serve warm and enjoy.
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat per Serving: 5.5g