This is a healthy, bright and nutrient charged alternative to a classic standard butter & cream pasta sauce.
Warm Beetroot Fusilli with Yoghurt, Dill & Toasted Pinenuts
Zoe Alakija | 20th August 2019
- prep time: 10
- cook time:10
- total time:20
- 8 oz dried fusilli
- 2 cooked beetroots
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more for serving
- 250 g/1 1/2 cups Soya yoghurt
- 1 tsp dried ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dried chilli flakes, optional
- vegan grated parmesean, optional
- fresh dill, optional
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped finely
- Blend the beetroot, lemon juice, soya yoghurt, cumin, garlic, and olive oil, then set aside.
- Bring hot water to a boil in a medium saucepan with a dash of olive oil and salt and cook pasta according to instructions on packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and let cool.
- Once cooled, slowly sdd the pasta to the yoghurt sauce, bit by bit, making sure not to curdle the yoghurt.
- Once all the sauce is in, season with salt and pepper.
- Plate and top each serving with chopped pistachios, chilli flakes, vegan parmesean, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, cracked black pepper and any other garnishes you may like.
- Serve whilst still warm.
- Servings: 4
- Fat per Serving: 13.1g
- Calories: 356